Online course description
Kodu is a language and an application aimed to teach programming. It teaches children the basics of algorithms and inspires interest by letting them create their own games. The Kodu Game Lab environment is freely available for all computers with the Windows operating system.
What you will learn
- Install the Kodu Game Lab
- Find your way in the Kodu Game Lab environment
- Build your own world and create a game for one or more players
- Insert objects and edit their properties
- Program objects
- Manage scores and clone objects
- Adjust the playability of your games by modifying game elements
- Work with levels, variables and pages
- Connect all these concepts to create complex and full-fledged games
What you will create
- Game with autonomous bots
- Soccer-like game
- Action-adventure with knowledge-based tasks
Why take part in this course?
- You can become a game developer in Kodu Game Lab.
- Programming in Kodu is like playing, yet you learn the basics of computing.
- You develop not only your logical thinking, but also creativity.
- You can share the games you created with your friends.
- Online course is for kids 8-14 years old.
- A computer with Windows.
|Age:||8 and more|
Chapters 24 videos / 194 min
- 01 - Installation 03:58
- 02 - Menus and Settings 07:46
- 03 - World Creation 06:46
- 04 - Objects 07:08
- 05 - Score and Creatable Objects 07:39
- 06 - Bots and playability 08:58
- 07 - Soccer 07:39
- 08 - Advanced Soccer 08:22
- 09 - Race and Levels 10:24
- 10 - Action-adventure Game 11:22
- 11 - Teleport and Variables 12:52
- 12 - Kodu Game Lab Community 04:10