Hi, so you know Scratch already?
- You know variables, loops, conditions, you're able to make your own blocks of code,
- you enjoy it, and want to see deeper into the machine?
This is a course for you! Together, we'll experience how simpler 2D arcade games are programmed.
What will you know?
- write and edit the code with your keyboard,
- organize the files in your operating system,
- work with colors, graphics, sprites and animation,
- basics of 2D arcade game logic (game loop, sprites, collision handling, 2D physics, ...),
- make use of your math, geometry, physics knowledge,
- small pieces on web technologies (html code).
What you'll be able to create
- write an interactive picture sketch,
- make your own simple arcade game,
- load an image, animation, sound in your program.
- suitable for children 11 - 14 years old
- basic knowledge of Scratch programming required
|Age:||11 and more|
Chapters 92 videos / 328 min
Variables and Calculations
Functions, Objects and Logic
Game #1: Froggie